Banksy's new mural is referred to as a “portrait of Basquiat being welcomed by the Metropolitan Police,” depicts a figure isolated from Basquiat’s famous 1982 painting, Dog, and Boy in a Johnnypump, being frisked by two police officers as a dog watches nearby.
Here, Banksy’s illustration appears to concurrently reference the incidence of racial profiling in targeted stop-and-frisk procedures (Basquiat sometimes referenced police brutality in his own work), although also coyly challenging the Barbican’s strict graffiti removal coverage.
Basquiat was an integral part of the New York art scene from the late 1970s until his death in 1988 at the age of 27. Although most famed for his paintings, his unique output spread across many other areas of popular culture, including graffiti and music.
This poster makes a powerful and eye-opening addition to your collection. It can also be a perfect gift for friends and family.
• UL GREENGUARD GOLD certified 1 Water-based HP latex Inks
• Water, Fade, Scratch & Crack Resistant
• High Quality Vibrant, Damage Resistant Cotton Canvas
Vibrant, High Quality Canvas
• Poly Cotton or 100% Cotton with Semi-Gloss Finished Wrap
• Fade, Tear, Water and Warp Resistant
• 1.5 “ Deep Sustainable Pine Wood Stretch Bar
• 100% Real Pine For Any Size Canvas
• Finger Jointed For Extra Strengths
Hanging Hardware Included
• Canvas Art are Easy-to-Hang
• All Canvas Art arrive with Centered Sawtooth Hanger
• Canada 6-8 Business Days Shipping