This is the image of Queen Elizabeth with Ziggy Stardust’s make up plastered on her face the way David Bowie had done it. It is street art and the Queen is only in black and white, while Ziggy’s make up is in bright red. The Queen is dressed up and clearly has pearls around her neck and her giant tiara. By combining the two personalities, Banksy links the Queen and Ziggy Stardust together.
This painting mysteriously appeared on a wall on Upper Maudlin Street, near the Bristol Children’s Hospital, just in time to commemorate Her Majesty’s Jubilee. The iconography that comes with both the Queen and Ziggy Stardust are both different. While they are both internationally recognized icons, they represent different aspects of life. The Queen represents royalty and power as she is the head of the country and the head of the monarchy in England and Ziggy Stardust represents a concept and is derived from an album David Bowie created in 1972. Ziggy Stardust wishes to present humanity with a message of hope. His message is peace and love.
• UL GREENGUARD GOLD certified 1 Water-based HP latex Inks
• Water, Fade, Scratch & Crack Resistant
• High Quality Vibrant, Damage Resistant Cotton Canvas
Vibrant, High Quality Canvas
• Poly Cotton or 100% Cotton with Semi-Gloss Finished Wrap
• Fade, Tear, Water and Warp Resistant
• 1.5 “ Deep Sustainable Pine Wood Stretch Bar
• 100% Real Pine For Any Size Canvas
• Finger Jointed For Extra Strengths
Hanging Hardware Included
• Canvas Art are Easy-to-Hang
• All Canvas Art arrive with Centered Sawtooth Hanger
• Canada 6-8 Business Days Shipping